POSITION: Administrative Intern
STATUS: Part Time, Unpaid
Proyecto Pastoral at Dolores Mission works in the economically and politically disenfranchised community of Boyle Heights to empower the community personally and socially by developing grassroots projects in education, leadership, and service. Proyecto Pastoral seeks a part-time Development/Administrative Intern who will support the office in development and administrative duties
Position Summary: Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Intern is responsible for answer phone calls and relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business details.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer phone, screen calls, channel communication to right parties and take accurate messages.
- Provide referrals and a comfortable environment to the public seeking agency assistance, and refer them to other resources when Proyecto cannot assist them.
- Make copies and keep accurate file of all incoming donations including in-kind contributions and any other donor correspondence.
- Assist the administration team with word-processing, filing, mailings, faxing, phone calls, inventory, and tracking of office supplies.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Good organizational skills
- Computer Literate
- Bilingual (English/Spanish preferred)
JOB SITE LOCATION:
Part time position (10 to 20 hrs/week); will work around school schedule.
Administration Office: 135 N. Mission Road, Los Angeles, CA 90033
Proyecto Pastoral is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Please send your resume or apply in person to:
Ruth V. Luna, Operations Manager
135 North Mission Road
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Phone: (323) 881-0008